T77 - "Product Development Metrics For Manufacturers: Measuring Your Productivity"
Audio Conference, Lorman� Education Services, Eau Claire, Wisconsin, USA
August 12, 2009 -- [49 Pages]
Description:Globalization, business alliances, and the need for improved organic innovation to gain strategic advantage are driving significant changes in measurement practices for innovative functions. Improvements in the science of management of these activities is on the fast track. Some emergent techniques of a few years ago are now clear trends. Intellectual property, for example, will rise greatly in its importance in the coming decade. This teleconference will provide attendees with a state-of-practice snapshot. The key metrics that are likely to pass the test of time will be identified. Current corporate R&D Metrics practices will be benchmarked, along with the most frequently used metrics for R&D and Product Development. A framework that delivers a comprehensive metrics solution, that most companies can figure out how to implement without outside assistance, will be explained to conclude the session.
- Evolution Of Product Development Process & Metrics
- Timeline 1970-2010
- Best Practice Process Design
- Emergent Early-Stage Advanced Development Process Designs
- Top R&D-Product Development Metrics Used In Industry
- Top Ten Measures
- Top Innovativeness Measures
- Top Productivity Measures
- Emergent R&D-Product Development Results & Productivity Metrics
- Return-On-Innovation [ROI]
- Research & Development Effectiveness Index [RDEI]
- NPV Efficiency [NPVE]
- Vitality Index
- Price Premium
- Several More…
- Number of Metrics Governing Corporations and R&D Organizations
- Corporate Metrics Sets
- R&D Metrics Sets
- Degree of Strategic Linkage Between R&D-Product Development and Corporation Metrics
- Linked Metrics Portfolio®
- Framework Spanning Organization Levels, Roll-Up Lower Levels To Get Overall Performance
- Sets of Metrics for Projects
- Sets of Metrics for Functional and Technical Disciplines
- Overall Metrics Portfolio
- US Government Statistic for R&D’s Contribution To USA’s Overall Productivity
For a copy of the Technical Paper, go to The Wisdom iStore. T77 may be located by clicking through Product Categories/Publications/Technical Papers.
Buy published TECHNICAL PAPERS from The Wisdom iStore.